|WoW Patch 3.2 Release Imminent
|With the release of the new patch 3.2 for WoW WOTLK due in the next few days, we thought we would highlight some of the biggest changes. For detailed info see the patch wiki here.
Apart from the usual rebalancing, nerfing etc on the player classes, alot of the updates seem to be focused around increasing levelling speeds (including earlier mounts / fast forms, plus quest help on the world maps), likely to make people ready for the next expansion, possibly entitled Cataclysm.
Here is a list of a few of the highlights:
- Portal areas in all major cities now offer a portal to the Blasted Lands near the Dark Portal.
- Once crossing through the Dark Portal, players can access a flight path directly from the Stair of Destiny to Shattrath.
- A new zeppelin docking ramp has been added to Thunder Bluff allowing Horde players easier transport to and from Orgrimmar.
- New druid art for Cat Form and Bear Form has been added. There are now five unique color schemes for each form and faction.
- Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%.
- All pets now receive 40% of their master's resilience and 100% of their master's spell penetration.
- All new Argent Crusader daily quests and rewards have been added for players with the Crusader title. Rewards include a new Argent Crusader banner and tabard (which can port players to the tournament grounds), a mounted squire (can periodically run bank, mail or vendor errands for the player), a paladin-exclusive Argent Crusader Charger mount, and new heirloom items.
- The cast time for summoning any ground or flying mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
- Apprentice Riding (Skill 75): Can now be learned at level 20 for 4g . Mail will be sent to players who reach level 20 directing them to the riding trainer.
- Journeyman Riding (Skill 150): Can now be learned at level 40 for 50g . Mail will be sent to players who reach level 40 directing them back to the riding trainer.
- Expert Riding (Skill 225): Can now be learned at level 60 for 600g from trainers in Honor Hold or Thrallmar. Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold for Alliance; Thrallmar for Horde). Flight speed at this skill level has been increased to 150% of run speed, up from 60%.
Dungeons & Raids
- Construction of the Crusaders' Coliseum is complete including new 10 and 25 man instances and lots of new quests in the Argent Tournament area.
- In order to allow for parties and raids to progress through instances at their own pace, players can now extend a dungeon or raid ID on an individual basis. Existing or recently expired IDs can be extended via the Social tab under Raid by clicking on Raid Info. The ID of any instance to which a player is saved can be extended. Doing so will extend the lockout period by the same amount of time as the original lockout and an ID can be extended more than once.
- Looting: Players will now be able to trade soulbound items with other raid or group members that were eligible for the loot. This system will work like the Item Buy Back system and allow 2 hours for players to trade an item after it has been looted.
- 25-player raids will no longer be referred to as Heroic versions of a raid, as there is a new distinction between normal and Heroic modes for both 10 and 25 player versions of the Crusaders’ Coliseum.
- Emblem System Changes
- Both the 10 and 25 player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new [Emblem of Triumph].
- Any dungeons that previously dropped [Emblems of Heroism] or [Emblem of Valor], such as Naxx or Heroic HoS, will now drop [Emblems of Conquest] instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
- The heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
- The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
- New achievements have been added to collect various amounts of any combination of emblems.
- New Isle of Conquest 40 v 40 PVP battleground
- Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (hks not included). Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold. Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.
- Quest creatures and objects will now show on the player’s world map.
- A skull graphic where players can find creatures they must kill for a quest.
- A skull graphic where creatures can be found that must be killed in order to collect quest objects.
- A gear/cogwheel where players must loot quest objects found in the world.
- A chat bubble graphic where players must interact with a specific NPC for a quest.
- A yellow question mark graphic to provide the location of a NPC whose quest the player has completed.
- Vendor prices will now be listed on items whether or not players are at a vendor.
Copyright ©2002-2019 Alex Galbraith
Version 2.2 Build 10