Active Topics Active Topics  Display List of Forum Members Memberlist  Invert Forum Background Colours Invert Colours  Search The Forum Search  Help Help  Register Register  Login Login
Sponsored by Beatnik Games
Games Forum
 |SFH| Sent From Hell :: Community Forums : Games Forum
Subject Topic: Game Digital Paint: Paintball 2 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lekky
Public Member
Public Member

Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:28pm | IP Logged  

Hey guys, just thought I'd introduce you to a game you may not know about. Its called Digital Paint: Paintball 2 and is a mod of the Quake 2 engine. It can be both fast and furious, as well as slow and tactical, and it works really well with the Quake 2 engine especially the jumping :p Lots of trick jumps all around maps.

Its got a good development team around it too, with a very active communty. We are just about to see the release of build 18, the main feature of which is a global login system. There are also new maps being created on a weekly basis by some pretty talented map makers.

There are about 60-70 dedicated servers always online, with a pretty equal split between Europe and America so you're always in a position to ping low. A couple of clans also allow their servers to be rented out specifically for clan matches (can be done via an instant form on their websites or a !match command on irc).

We are also looking forward to our Summer tournament coming up, so now is the chance to start practicing!

Not really sure what else to say but its only a small download at 18.7MB so why not give it a go.

Some links for you if you want further information:

- Official Site
- Official Forums

The game can be downloaded here:

- Windows Version
- Linux Version

(Did I mention its Open Source?!)

The community can be found on the Global Gamers Center server on the #paintball channel. So that would be a /server irc.gg-center.net then /join #paintball.

If you want any more information i can be contacted via one of the following:

- www.clan-qehs.co.uk
- Email at [email]paintball@clan-qehs.co.uk[/email].
- Global Gamers Center server @ #team_qehs

Anyway here are a few pics to wet your appetite :P

Thanks guys

Lekky

Edited by lekky on 14 May 2007 at 11:29pm
Back to Top View lekky's Profile Search for other posts by lekky Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Richie
Moderatus
Moderatus
Moof!

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:55am | IP Logged  

Edited by Richie on 16 May 2007 at 8:37pm

adrianchen19888
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member
Ex-member

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 5:43pm | IP Logged  

that game looks really crap anywayz.

lekky
Public Member
Public Member

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 6:50pm | IP Logged  

tbh you wouldnt like it if you just want cutting edge graphics it is based on the quake 2 engine after all!

It has good gameplay tho and i think thats why more people are starting to play it recently. Can't really put that across in screenshots! :P
Back to Top View lekky's Profile Search for other posts by lekky Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

AndyMack
Senior Community Member
Senior Community Member

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 10:50pm | IP Logged  

Maybe make a movie of the gameplay to get the feeling for it?? (Just don't ask me how to capture it cause I'm no Computer expert)

AKA Decidius_Max/Decolas/Seragno/Sranda/Wangno
Back to Top View AndyMack's Profile Search for other posts by AndyMack Visit AndyMack's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version